What’s a Christmas feast without the snap of a cracker? These four DIY Christmas cracker ideas are a great way to ensure your crackers look great on the table, and the goodies inside are exactly what you want
What You’ll need for your Christmas cracker :
+Paper/material of choice
+ Cardboard tubes, cut into 10cm lengths
+ Long cracker snaps (these can be found at most craft stores)
+ Sticky tape
+ String or ribbon of choice
+ Small gifts or lollies/some good jokes
How to assemble your Christmas cracker :
- Cut strips of chosen material to cover each tube, leaving enough overhanging on each side to twist into a bonbon shape.
- Insert a snap in each tube, ensuring each end aligns with the material ends of the bonbon. Secure with a little tape inside the tube.
- Wrap the tubes with prepared material. Gently twist one end and secure with the string/ribbon, being careful not to scrunch or tear it.
- Fill the cardboard tubes with small gifts or lollies
- Secure the other end of the Christmas cracker with string/ribbon, being careful not to crush the shape.
Scroll down for four DIY Christmas cracker ideas :
1. Animal cracker
Use a quirky gift wrap to create this patterned look.
2. Natural Rustic
Bring that nature-loving spirit to the table with a rustic style Christmas cracker.
3. Felt style
Pop your Christmas cracker gift into some gorgeous felt material, securing it with a ribbon for something a little different.
4. Luxe look
The key to creating this style is the paper – we used a gold mock-croc style to make the Christmas decoration look more expensive than it looks.
Article by YOUR HOME AND GARDEN
Related: how to host a plastic free Christmas
Do you have a question on the local Real Estate market, or should you spend money on your home before you sell, just call Matt Wineera on 0274 951 536 who is always on hand to answer your query.
Check out our Value Plus Real Estate Selling Commission which saves you lots of money when you sell your home with Matt.