Selling your home is a big decision, both financially and emotionally. Between preparing a house for sale, finding the right real estate agent and juggling offers, the journey can be an emotional roller coaster.
Ultimately, for most homeowners , selling your home will come down to one thing – getting the best price. In order to find that perfect buyer and settle on that perfect price, you need to get your property in front of as many eyeballs as possible. We’re talking about marketing.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, here’s what you need to know about marketing.
Find the agent that’s right for you
When selling your home, it’s important to find a licensed real estate agent you feel comfortable with. After all, you’re trusting them to sell what’s likely to be your most valuable asset.
Their marketing strategy is a key ingredient to success, so be sure to ask lots of questions about this. Will it involve print and online? Will your home be promoted via social media?
Ask your agent to explain their reasoning behind each marketing channel and the results they’ve delivered in the past. Remember, marketing packages can be dialed up to get you greater exposure and usually paid for by the vendor, so don’t be afraid to ask for more if you feel the agent’s standard package isn’t meeting your needs.
A strong digital marketing strategy is key
Times have changed. As you can imagine, a lonesome advert in your local paper isn’t going to cut the mustard when it comes to marketing your house for sale.
To get in front of serious buyers when selling your home, it’s important that your real estate agent’s marketing plan includes a strong digital element. Of course, as New Zealand’s number one property website, you should expect realestate.co.nz to play a big part in this.
A marketing package on realestate.co.nz offers you the tools you need to land that ‘sold’ sticker, and quickly.
Here are a few reasons, if you are serious in selling your home and the best real estate agents choose realestate.co.nz.
- We’re totally dedicated to property. We don’t sell possessed printers or handbags wielded by former rugby players. Just property.
- And speaking of property, we have more for sale listings* than any other real estate site in New Zealand.
- Over 900,000 users visit our site every month, so you know that your home will be seen by all the right people, at the right time.
- We send over 780,000 saved search email alerts a month. This means that we’ll send your listing directly to the email inbox of buyers who are actively looking in your area.
- When asked to name the places they’d go looking for property, 29% of New Zealanders surveyed gave “realestate.co.nz” as their answer. This number is up from 24% last year so you can be confident that more and more Kiwis are choosing realestate.co.nz every day.
- We have a variety of marketing packages that are tailored to make the most of your listing. For example, a house being sold by auction will need a package that’s different to one being sold by tender. We know the difference and we’ll offer you our expert advice in the selling your home process.
- It’s not just about residential homes for sale. We offer special packages for business, rural, lifestyle, commercial and rental listings too.
Thinking about selling privately?
In order to protect our users, realestate.co.nz only advertises homes for sale that are being marketed by a real estate agent. Real estate agents are licensed professionals who must meet their obligations under the Real Estate Agents Act 2008, including following the standards set out in the Code of Professional Conduct and Client Care.
*Claim based on the number of active residential for sale listings compare with other New Zealand real estate sites as of 8/2018.
Thanks for reading.
Wishing you a successful day.
If you have a question on the local Real Estate market, or should you spend money on a renovation of your home before you sell, or how to contact a Mortgage Broker, or any information about a local area, just call Matt Wineera on 0274 951 536 who is always on hand to answer your query. His advice is given freely and without obligation.
Want to know what’s happening in the market in real time? Ask Matt to explain the real time data available in the weekly publication of the Ray White NOW book. Chat, txt or DM Matt today 0274 951 536
Check out what clients have to say about Matt
Matt continually achieves great results for Home Owners through his negotiation skills and vast real estate experience, knowledge and expertise.
Matt is very passionate about real estate and loves being at the coal face.
Give Matt a call now 0274 951 536
Or click this Facebook link to schedule a no obligation FREE Current Market Report for Your Home.